Begin a New Career in Quality Assurance Management!
The Quality Assurance Management for Medical Devices Program prepares students for an entry-level job within the medical device industry. This program provides detailed training on the standards and regulations of medical devices. If you are detailed-oriented, love to read and write, and are good at problem solving, this career path is for you!
What You’ll Learn
Students who complete the program will learn to:
- Discuss laws covering the rules and regulations of medical devices
- Understand the U.S. regulatory requirements for approval or release of medical devices
- Perform medical device quality assurance reviews and approvals
- Enact change control measures
- Use the methods and tools used for quality control
- Write technical correspondence
- Practice and complete the audit process
To be eligible, you must:
- Students must be 18 years or older
- Complete an NOCE Admissions Application
- Complete an online general orientation at least 24 hours before registering
- Recommended: Have basic English language reading, writing, and speaking skills, and/or be at an ESL Intermediate Low level
- Recommended: Have basic math skills
- Program Guide and Resources
NOCE certificate programs can put you on the path for exciting new career opportunities and more earning potential. Get started today!
Medical devices is a growing industry sector that is regulated by strict and evolving FDA standards that require trained employees to understand and enforce quality control measures. Quality Assurance and Control Specialists develop procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, review and evaluate testing protocols, conduct quality systems audits, and implement timely follow-up and corrective actions.
Career Highlights and Opportunities
- English language proficiency – reading, writing, and speaking skills usually at or above an ESL (English as a Second Language) level of Intermediate Low level
- Problem-solving – ability to notice a problem and figure out the best way to solve it
- Active listening – the ability to listen to others, not interrupt, and ask good questions
- Quality Control Inspectors
- Quality Assurance Specialists
- Quality Compliance Specialists
- Quality System Auditors
- Quality Associates
- Data Entry Associates
- Manufacturing Assemblers/Operators
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I receive when finished and how long does it take?
Students who complete the Quality Assurance Management of Medical Devices Program will receive a certificate. The program can be completed in as little as eight (8) months.
How much does it cost?
The Quality Assurance Management of Medical Devices courses are tuition-free. However, students are responsible for covering the cost of textbooks, software, course supplies, and a parking pass.
What are the jobs and how much do they pay in California?
Career opportunities include Quality Control Inspectors, Quality Assurance Specialists, Quality Compliance Specialists, Quality Systems Auditors, Quality Associates, Data Entry Associates, and Manufacturing Assemblers/Operators.
- Number of jobs in 2016: 7,802
- 2014-24 projected job growth: 11% (much faster than average)
- Entry-level pay in 2016: $32,619/annually, $15.68/hour
- Median pay in 2016: $50,018/annually, $24.05/hour
Note: Salary and employment outlook is for Orange County, CA, and will vary depending on skill, experience, employer, and geographic location.