Build Your Career Skills Today!
At NOCE, you will get resources and strategies to launch your career. Join our career readiness and skills workshops. Get one on one training through the Career Skills and Resource Lab.
Schedule a phone or Zoom appointment today! All you need is a computer or mobile device:
- Call: 714.808.4717
- E–mail: email@example.com. Appointments will be conducted by phone and/or online, depending on the student’s needs and desires.
- Sign-up for workshops below
Career Skills and Resource Lab Services
Make an appointment with a staff member to work on:
- Career exploration
- Resume and cover letter building
- Creating a LinkedIn profile and taking courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Interview preparation
- Job search
- Online job applications
- Soft skills workshops
- LinkedIn Boot Camp Series
- Career Launch Academy—FOR CTE PROGRAM STUDENTS ONLY
VMock Resume Review Platform
The Career Skills and Resource Lab is excited to introduce a new resume review tool called VMock.
This online tool provides students with valuable feedback on how to improve their resumes.
Before you get started, here are a few tips:
- Must have a completed professional resume with the following elements:
- Contact Information (e-mail address and phone number)
- Summary of Qualifications
- Work and/or Volunteer Experience
- A resume should have a chronological or functional style.
- The resume must be in PDF format.
- The file must not be larger than 2MB
- The resume should be a maximum of 4 pages.
- Feel comfortable navigating online platforms
Get started with VMock
Improve your resume today!
Note: VMock gives you an overall score on your resume and then breaks down the percentage into 3 different categories. The score is meant to help you focus on sections that need improving. VMock will offer suggestions to help you create a strong and noticeable resume.
Workshops & Events
Note: All Career Skills and Resource Lab workshops will be virtual via Zoom. An e-mail will be sent to you with meeting instructions before your workshop(s).
|Event Name||Event Dates||Event Time||Event Location||Event Information|
|Cover Letter||Tuesday, December 7, 2021||5 p.m. – 6 p.m.||Virtual||Sign Up Now|
|Community College: What You Need to Know to Transfer to College||Wednesday, December 8, 2021||5 p.m. – 6 p.m.||Virtual||Sign Up Now|
|Social Media and the Job Search||Thursday, December 9, 2021||5 p.m. – 6 p.m.||Virtual||Sign Up Now|
These workshops are designed to give students an opportunity to develop professional relationships, acquire new ideas, improve skills, as well as provide current and relevant job market information to those looking for employment.