Build Your Future With A Management Certificate
The Management Certificate Program prepares students for first-line supervisory or management positions. Students learn management principles and develop basic skills in decision-making, problem-solving, planning, organizing, speaking, and writing. Courses offered cover such topics as leadership development, business law, finance, negotiations, marketing, and more.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Use presentation skills to communicate more effectively
- Demonstrate skills required for achieving better outcomes in sales transactions, employment and promotion, purchasing, and employee cooperation
- Understand contract principles and the use and purpose of common contract clauses, such as limitation of liability, warranty, and indemnification
- Interpret financial statements and understand budgeting, assets and liabilities, financial reports, and cash flow analysis
- Write memos, letters, and reports
- Develop negotiation skills to achieve better results and improve customer, vendor, and partner relationships
Additional Eligibility Requirements Include:
- Must be 18 years or older to enroll
- Must complete an NOCE Admissions Application
- Must complete an in-person Assessment and online Orientation at least 24 hours prior to registering
- Should have basic English reading, writing, and speaking skills and/or be at an ESL level of intermediate low (recommended)
- Should have basic math skills (recommended)
Frequently Asked Questions
Upon completion of this program, students will be awarded a certificate.
All NOCE Management Certificate Program courses are tuition-free. However, students are responsible for covering the cost of textbooks, course supplies, and a parking pass.
The Management Program can be completed in as little as eight months.
Average salary per year in this field ranges from $49,000 to $80,000 per year.
The Management Certificate Program prepares students for a variety of entry-level management types positions within several industry areas such as Business and Sales. Many of the students entering this program take the certificate in order to gain advancement within their current industry and/or job.
Degrees & Certificates
Management Program Certificate
Students who enjoy an office environment, working with customers, and managing employees, should consider the Business Management Certificate Program at North Orange Continuing Education as the first step to a career in management.
Careers in management spread across multiple industry sectors, including healthcare, finance, food and hospitality, construction, information technology, retail, and more. Managers are generally responsible for directing the activities of employees; overseeing business operations such as the budget, accounting, and purchasing; engaging in strategic planning and decision-making processes; and promoting employee productivity.
People in this career often have these skills:
- Reading Comprehension – Reading work-related information
- Coordination – Changing what is done based on other people’s actions
- Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- Monitoring – Keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
People in this career need:
- Attention to Detail
In addition to learning skills necessary for advancement in their current jobs, students develop the foundational knowledge to transition into a college-credit management program at Cypress College or Fullerton College while also learning highly marketable Microsoft Office skills.
First-line supervisory and entry-level management positions often grow into middle and senior management positions, such as:
- Administrative Service Manager
- Chief Financial Officer
- Operations Manager
- Project Manager