College to Career (C2C) is a program that provides services that support students with intellectual disabilities (ID) as they take inclusive noncredit and credit classes.
Upon completion of their educational goals, C2C provides employment services and job development so that students can obtain competitive, integrated employment.
Students typically complete the program in one to three years. C2C support services include:
- Counseling and accommodations
- Educational Coaching
- Specialized lab to assist students with classwork and studying
- Access to adaptive technology
- Work readiness preparation
- Job placement help
2023 College to Career: Information Night
Learn more about C2C:
- Program overview.
- Application process.
- Q&A sessions with C2C staff.
For more information or to request accommodations, call us at 714.484.7057 or e-mail us at CollegetoCareer@noce.edu
Join us on Zoom!
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Apply now to the College to Career Program
Fill out the printable form application to apply to the C2C program today!
Download the printable C2C Application.
The C2C program accepts up to 20 new students a year. Applications are submitted between January and April. Applicants participate in an interview with program administrators, staff, and faculty.
Eligibility requirements for students include:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Verification of intellectual disability (ID), autism (ASD), or similar cognitive disability.
- Specific academic and job goals.
- Desire to participate in inclusive noncredit or credit classes.
- Ability to meet the academic demands of community college classes with C2C support.
- Desire to obtain employment.
New C2C Students Will:
- Attend Summer orientation in June.
- Create an educational plan with a C2C Counselor.
- Register for inclusive classes.
- Attend C2C Educational and Employment Support Lab.
- Receive educational coaching support services.
- Participate in employment workshops.
- Meet with our job developer and explore volunteer/internship opportunities in your community.
- Get a job.
- Job placement and successful closure may vary based on the student’s goals.
About College to Career
C2C operates with funding from the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR). The North Orange County Community College District (NOCCD) is one of just eight institutions in the state to receive funding for C2C.
NOCCD partners with the Regional Center of Orange County (RCOC), DOR, and local employers to develop jobs for students. Together, we prepare students with ID for competitive, integrated employment.
“C2C assisted me with my college courses, campus life, and obtaining a job!” Jacob Morell
College to Career Cohort, DSS Alumnus, and High School Diploma Alumnus